Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cheddar Bay Biscuits


The Recipe:

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter, cut into cubes
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon parsley flakes
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon garlic salt

Mix flour, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl.  Using a pastry knife, cut in the cubes of butter until the mixture is crumbly.  Stir in the cheese and parsley flakes.  Mix in sour cream and milk until well combined.  Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet (this makes about 12).  Bake in a 400F oven for 9-12 minutes.  Remove from oven.  Mix the melted butter and garlic salt, then brush on top of the biscuits.  Serve immediately.

*Recipe courtesy of my sister-in-law



7 comments:

  1. For any skeptics or doubters, these are the best biscuits. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made these tonight and they were delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Definitely not low-cal but you've got to enjoy the good things in life on occasion and these are definitely worth the extra calories. I used low fat sour cream and low fat shredded cheese, hopefully that helped some... I told myself it did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made these tonight - fantastic! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I crave these biscuits from red lobster all the time, but there isn't one close to my house. So when I came across this recipe, I knew God was watching over me! These are amaaaaaaazing!!!! Just like the original. Thank u for providing this recipe for cheesy garlic Carb lovers like me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anyone who is prepared to get a effectively-toned stomach can use this belt.


    Feel free to surf to my blog Flex belt coupons

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made these and my husband loved them! What's funny is he now finds the red lobster ones lacking in flavor...lol

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!