Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Reusable Swiffer Duster

A few weeks ago I mentioned a book that I'm reading right now, Large Family Logistics. I've been quite challenged in the area of home management.  The cleaning chapters have been specifically inspiring to me, as I'd rather cook, bake, work in the yard, sew, etc., than clean.

Dusting is probably my least favorite of all cleaning jobs around the house.  In an effort to try and enjoy dusting, I decided to make a cute cleaning product.  Sew Much Ado, a blog that I follow, has a great tutorial for a reusable swiffer duster.  Having one that you can wash and reuse is much more economical, and if you buy your favorite flannel it can be more stylish too.

I had some flannel leftover from another project, so I just followed her instructions and now I have this:



I think I even have enough flannel to make a few more, which I plan to do because it was so easy and took about 30 minutes.  My only tip is to make sure that when you mark your fabric, you mark the end in which to insert the dusting wand.

Truth be told, I've yet to use it, but since I'm vacationing at the beach this week, I think that's okay.  Surely the house will need a thorough dusting by the time I get home!


1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! I hate dusting too. Maybe I will make one!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!