Monday, June 13, 2011

Cannellini Bean Dip




Yesterday I was in the mood for some hummus, so I pulled out a cookbook and decided to make a great alternative using cannellini beans.  This recipe is yummy, light, and perfect for dipping raw veggies, pita chips, or using as a spread on a sandwich.  Enjoy!

Recipe:
1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/3 cup olive oil

Place beans, garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon juice in a food processor.  Puree until well combined, but still a bit chunky.  Pour in the olive oil and puree again until the oil is completely mixed with the other ingredients.  Pour into a small serving bowl and serve.  (Refrigerate leftover dip).

Stacy's pita chips are the best!



Recipe adapted from Everyday Italian, by Giada de Laurentis

3 comments:

  1. That looks so yummy! Thanks so much for stopping by blog and for your nice comments! I was trying to reply back to your comment but your reply is set to no-reply blogger. Not sure if you have it set up like that on purpose but you can link it up to an email so people can contact you after you make comments. If you don't want to use your personal email you can just set up a blog email like: onlyfromscratch@gmail.com or something like that. That's awesome that you had two natural child births...I am hoping to do it again for the next one! :) Following your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to fix that! Thanks for the tip; I'm still learning how to do all of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey no prob! I had no idea about it at first but the friend that talked me into blogging told me. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!