Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fresh Flowers from the Garden

When we were in Pennsylvania a few weeks ago, we drove a moving truck home full of furniture and other items from my in-laws' house.  Included in our 'goods' were tons of plants for our yard!  My mother-in-law has an amazing green thumb and has been starting plants for us since we found out we would be buying a new home.  Yesterday I was able to go out to the yard and cut some fresh hydrangea blooms!



I love having fresh flowers in my kitchen (since I spend most of my time there) and it's even more exciting to know that they've come from straight from my yard and not the grocery store!  I'm just hoping that I'll be able to keep the hydrangea plants alive in the years to come!


I tried something different with the leaves.  I lined the inside of the vase with leaves and I like the extra green that it adds to my vase.



On another note, I spent a good portion of yesterday working on the dining room chairs and I'm loving how they are turning out.  Here's a sneak peek at some of what I've done:


Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be able to show you the finished product!

2 comments:

  1. These are SO pretty! Aunt Sharon had some hydrangeas in her kitchen this weekend and I couldn't stop looking at them! I wish I had pretty flowers outside that I could go cut and decorate my house with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are gorgeous! I need to put some work into a flower garden so I can enjoy some flowers!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!