Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Oatmeal Craisin White Chocolate Cookies



If you're looking for a healthier cookie (is there really such a thing??) this one might fit the bill.  I love finding a recipe that uses ingredients I generally have in my pantry.  Yes, I almost always have white chocolate chips and craisins on hand.  Follow this link to some yummy scones and you'll see why!

Recipe:
1 stick butter Crisco
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cups oats (quick or old-fashioned; old fashioned are healthier!)
11 oz package white chocolate chips
1/2 cup craisins

Beat together Crisco, sugars, eggs and vanilla until creamy.  Add flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda, and mix until well combined.  Stir in oats, then chips and craisins.  Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake at 375F for 7-8 minutes for a chewy cookie or 9-10 minutes for a crisp one.  Cool on wire racks.  Makes about 4 dozen.

Recipe adapted from Old-Fashioned Cookies

3 comments:

  1. White chocolate chips + craisins are one of the best combos! I have to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gretchen here... I made these today, in a bar pan as I was in too much of a hurry to split them into cookies. I baked them at 325 for about 20-25 minutes (not really sure because I kept checking them every few minutes and lost track). Turned out excellent, thanks for sharing! The only subs I made was using regular butter instead of crisco, and whole wheat flour for the all purpose. Faith likes them too!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!