Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Tablescapes

Last night our church held its annual Christmas dinner/concert, and it was wonderful!  This was our first year at the church so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I had heard that the food is always outstanding, and the decorations amazing.  I was not disappointed.  The beauty of the table decorations was that each table was decorated differently, by someone in the church.  We could sign up to bring our own dishes, silverware, glasses, and any table decor, and then we were in charge of decorating that table.  Not only is this fun for the ladies who participated, but it's also great on the church's budget!  No cost for table decorations or dishes, and we each cleaned our own dishes at home, so that saved on time and volunteers at the church.  I thought I would highlight some of the tables and point out what I liked about each one.  Hopefully, this will give you some ideas, if you're still considering how to decorate your table for the holidays.  Enjoy all the pictures!

This feather tree ensemble was really fun!  I'm not sure if she made these trees, but it would be an easy DIY project.  The ornaments and glass pieces nestled in the red fabric were beautiful.



This table had a great mix of traditional china with a modern centerpiece and it was pulled off beautifully!  Square placemats worked well on a round table.  I took these pictures before they dimmed the lights, so you can't see the full effect here, but there were little blue led lights under the silver trees and when they were lit added such a nice touch.



One of my friends decorated this table and I love how fun it is!  I love the dishes {from Target} and the table scarf and ribbon napkin rings glittered nicely.  Clear marbles held a silver tree/branch in place--great way to keep the color scheme while making it practical.



 I was a bit tempted to sit at this table so I could munch on candy during dinner.  What a fun way to incorporate the reds and greens of a traditional Christmas.


Some tables had favors for each guest, as you can see from the ornaments here.  I like how the ornament is incorporated into the napkin.


I LOVE the blues and silvers that are used in Christmas decorating.  This table was gorgeous and tied together so well from the napkins to the china, silverware, and centerpiece.  Beautiful.




I really love the centerpiece on the this table.  Simple, fun and classy.  Plus, each guest received a little package on their plate.



My friend, Cassidy, decorated this table and did a great job!  Her colors go together so well and I love that she added a Christmas word to her centerpiece.  The oversized ornaments are beautiful and I love the way she stuck little favors inside of the glasses. Great idea!




I had to include this tower of ornaments, as it would be simple to create this on a cake stand.  Throw in some fresh greenery and you're set!


This next table was mine.  I decided to go 'low budget' and opened up my sewing closet to see what I could find.  I discovered a piece of lime green fabric and then in my clothes' closet found a black scarf from a bridesmaid dress.  With a few silver ornaments, my china, some ribbon, and black placemats borrowed from a friend, I was done.  I had  a million ideas I wanted to recreate, but this one was quick, easy, inexpensive and I love the green/black/silver combo.




This table was truly stunning!  Even the wrappers on the candy tie in so nicely with the detail on the china.  Beautifully done!




So, there you have several tablescapes to inspire and enjoy.  What is your holiday table going to look like?


The Lettered Cottage

6 comments:

  1. I love seeing all the different types of Christmas decor! Makes me wish I could change my colors each year without feeling bad about the cost! I have blue, white, and silver now...but I love some bright red and green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are all so pretty! I love how different each of them are - this is such a great idea because of the less money/work for the church, but also because it's so fun to see so many different themes!! I love all of the different colors everyone used. You have some creative ladies at your church! I love the bright green you used with the black (bridesmaid dress from my wedding?? :) ) - it looks so good with your China!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...WOW...W.O.W.

    These are amaaaaaazing! We did this for a Women's event at our church back in August, and it was so fun to see each person's creativity. I'm going to share this post on facebook to give some ideas for next time we do something like this. Thank you so much for posting all these pictures for us to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a neat idea!!! I'll have to find a way to do something like this with our college girls. I loved how different each table was, yet they were all festive and Christmasy. And my grandma from Maine had the same china from the second table shown, I've never seen it anywhere else, so that was special :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love the idea that individuals decorated tables - very cleaver and fun. Yours look very nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa! The creativity and beauty is mind blowing...so many fabulous ideas....

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!