Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Top Ten Posts of 2011

As we approach the close of 2011, I thought it would be fun to look back on my posts from this year and see which ones made the 'top ten' list.  These posts are ones that have received the most views from readers, so you all have generated this list!  Some of my personal favorites didn't make the cut, but that's okay; hope you enjoy looking back with me on my 'Posts in Review'.


#10:  Crockpot Breakfast Casserole.  This recipe is so easy and people that have eaten it love it!


#9: Christmas Tablescapes.  This is a collection of tablescapes from our church's Christmas dinner a few weeks ago.  I was inspired by the creativity of the women from our church.


#8: Slipcovered Parsons Chairs  This is one of my favorite projects that I've ever done!  I always wanted upholstered dining chairs and when I found this set on Craigslist I bought them right away.  We love eating in our comfortable dining chairs.


#7: $6 Knock-off Pottery Barn Chandelier  Our builder grade chandelier got a quick makeover with some new shades and burlap.


#6: Holiday Entertaining: Out of Town Guests  We had tons of company over the past month so I came up with some tips on how to best prepare for out of town guests.  It doesn't just apply to the holidays, so if you're getting ready to host company soon, this post is for you.


#5: Anthro-Inspired T-Shirt Refashion  I haven't sewed a lot of clothes this year, more just items for our home, but this was one item that I did complete.


#4: Cheddar Bay Biscuits  These are the. best. biscuits. ever.  If you're making soup this winter, you MUST add this to your menu.  Your people will eat them up.  Every week I get several hits on this post from google searches.  Trust me, they're awesome.


#3: Meal Planning Part 2: Grocery Shopping  I started a series over the summer, per the request of a reader, about meal planning.  Truth is, I never actually wrote the Part 3: Planning Meals!  That will come soon, I promise!  I got pregnant in the middle of the series and my meal planning sort of went out the window.  I wasn't able, in good conscience, to write a post about planning meals when I wasn't doing it.  I've been getting better so I'll finish that series in 2012.


#2: Butterscotch Monkey Bread  This is actually one of the few recipes on my blog that isn't from scratch, but it really is awesome!  Faith, over at thekitchn, was kind enough to feature it in a roundup of 15 Monkey Bread recipes, so I've received quite a bit of traffic from that.  Thanks, Faith!



#1: Easy Drapery Panels  I shared a tutorial on how to make simple panels; mine are hanging in the Dining Room.  Confession:  I decided they are too short, so I'll be adding some fabric to them soon to give them a bit of length.  Some projects just never seem to be complete...


There you have it, my year in review!  Thanks to all of you for reading my blog!  It has been a fun journey for me to document my work in my home on this blog.  You encourage me by reading my blog, commenting on the projects, and sending me sweet messages about how you enjoy what I write.  I'm looking forward to some more great projects in 2012 and hope you'll join me for another year!

Linking to

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Lauren, you have a nice mix of decor and recipes. I think my favorite are your chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love and miss you, my friend. This has been a great way for me to sort of "visit" with you! Thanks for writing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these posts! I'm going to have to check them out! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOHOO!!I'm your 100th follower!! Your year in review looks amazing-stop over to say hi!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!