Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day 11 :: Power in Nearness



Sitting by the ocean one quiet morning, I read:

"Mightier than the thunders of many waters, mightier than the waves of the sea, the LORD on high is mighty!" Psalm 93:4

The sound of waves crashing on the shore is constant, and in the crash we sense there is great power.

The further away from the shore, the fainter the sound of the crashing, and we forget the power.

Isn't it this way with God?

God is mighty, always.

I drift away and forget.

I refuse God's power when I fail to find joy in the hard stuff.

I forget God's power when I allow fear to overwhelm me.

The nearer I am to Him the more I know Him, that He is mighty.

There is great power in nearness.

I come near and I receive God's power to overcome my weakness.

I come near and remember God's power to change me.


I come near and experience God's power around me.

I come near and I know God more deeply.

Let's keep going nearer.



For a list of all posts in this series go here.

2 comments:

  1. wow, this so true! thank you for sharing this! i'm going to be thinking this over for awhile...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really encouraged by this series with what is going on in your life. I am being encouraged to seek Christ through these posts! I knew your family (I played with Sherri) when I was in middle school. Anyways thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!