Friday, October 26, 2012

Day 26 :: Change in a jar

Yesterday I went outside and cut some gorgeous hydrangeas from my yard.


Yes, it is almost the end of October. 

I now have a jar in my kitchen that speaks beautifully of the changing of seasons.

Change.

It's what I want, what I need, what is necessary.



You see, there's a lot of junk in my heart. 

The junk is sin.

Selfishness.  Pride.  Anger.  Resentment.  Envy.  The list goes on.

Somehow in the midst of sadness and disappointment I find the junk coming out, and I'm  more acutely aware of my sin.  

In my darkest hours I have discovered a deeper need for repentance.  

And so, just as the seasons change from one to another, I beg God to cleanse me from my sin and change me.

We have a kind and loving God, One who forgives our sin.

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
1 John 1:9

He's not finished with me.  He's going to keep working in me, changing me, shaping me, making me more like Him.  

"And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."
 Philippians 1:6



So, I look at the jar in my kitchen and I'm reminded to look in my heart and I ask God to cleanse my heart, forgive me, and change me to be more like Him.




To see a list of other posts in this series go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!