Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 31 :: Where do I go from here?

Today is the end of October, which also marks the end of my 31 Days series.  


Writing this month has been a stretch for me in various ways.  Some days I would sit at the computer and wonder what in the world am I going to write about today?  Why did I commit to writing for 31 consecutive days??  Yet, it has been helpful for me to write down some of what I've learned, wrestled with, and pondered over the past few months.  

So, now what?  I've opened up an entirely new section on my blog. 

Where do I go from here?

I've thought a lot about the title of my blog and the original content that birthed it.  And, I've thought about what is most important to me in life.  The most important thing to me is my relationship with Jesus Christ, and I am passionate about His Word, and life in Him. 

I also love my family.  We are normal people with joys, sorrows, challenges and victories.  I like to share these things. 

I love to cook and decorate and share my homemaking journey. 

So, how do I take all of these things and write about them in one little space called Only From Scratch?

'Made from scratch' is basically taking raw materials and putting them together in such a way that creates a final product.  

This is most traditionally spoken of in baking or cooking.  Water, flour, salt, and yeast are put together to create bread.

And in decorating:  fabric and thread are put together to make a drape or bed covering. 

In our lives?  Well, we are created in the image of God {Genesis 1:27}, all of us uniquely made, and when our lives are transformed by the power of the gospel {Ephesians 2:8-9}, we are new creatures in Christ {2 Corinthians 5:17}.  God is at work in us.  

I love what Paul says in Philippians:
"And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ" {Philippians 1:6}

God takes us and works on us, and He will continue that work, until we come out into a complete product.

We don't know what the path to completion will look like.  But we can be confident that HE is working in us {Philippians 2:13}.

I will continue to blog about cooking and decorating, just as I did before this series.  But, I will also be incorporating more about my walk with Christ and my family.

I'm working on a little blog face-lift, hopefully happening soon, which will make it more obvious when people visit my blog about the content.  

Thanks for following along during this journey.  Feel free to stick around, if you want, as I continue on in my 'only from scratch' life.  



This is the final post in a series.  To see a list of all posts go here.

3 comments:

  1. Lauren, Thank you for sharing your heart with us this month. It has truly been a blessing to me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you tied this series in with the name and content of your blog! It truly is the perfect name, and I'm excited to continue reading your blog and learning more from you - in all the areas of which you'll be writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren you have so blessed me as I read your posts this month.You are a great wife,mom,homemaker,and a beautiful creation of the LORD.Keep on writing you have a wonderful gift in how you challenge and encourage in your writings!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!