Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day 2 :: The Secret to Thriving

Do you ever find yourself thinking that if you truly thrived in life you'd be full of joy, accomplishing a lot each day, and everyone would notice just how full your life is?  

Truly thriving is not always evident to those around you.  

The secret to thriving is found in what is unseen.

When you walk through the forest and look up at the trees, you see life and beauty.  But what you don't see is the source of the life for the beauty around you.  

Roots.  The roots anchor the plant and contain oxygen for it to breathe. 

There is life in the roots. 

To cut off the plant from the root would cause the plant to die. 

The same is true for us.  We need roots.  We need to be anchored.  We need life to breathe.  

Our anchor and breath is found in trusting the Lord. 

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is the LORD.  He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit." -Jeremiah 17:7-8



Do you want to thrive in your day-to-day?  

Then you must send out your roots and you must send them out to dig deep in the stream of living water. 



2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for your series! This is a great post Lauren, and so true! I often think that thriving (or "having it all together") would be evident to others, but I instead need to focus on planting my roots deep in God's Word and abiding in His love! Thank you for this important reminder!! I am always learning from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren! Visiting from #31days! I was attracted to your post because I recently named the incouragers group I co-lead - THRIVE (in) fertility. This word is deeply embedded in my heart during this season. I loved the simple truth of your post. We see the evidence of the life but not always the how or why. For the tree. And too for us it's found in the roots. We must stay rooted in Christ. Bless you as you glorify Him for #31days.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!