Thursday, March 27, 2014

A little check in

We've had a busy couple of weeks!  Our yard sale was this past Saturday, and this morning our house showed for the first time.  I think we have a good handle on what to do to get ready for house showings, so I'll share those tips with you next week.

Tomorrow I'm headed out of town for a weekend with my Mom and sisters.  We haven't done something like this in almost eight years, so we're all pretty excited.  As much as I love my children and my husband, I'm going to thoroughly enjoy being away.  Sleep should be uninterrupted.  There will be no diapers to change, schedules to follow or people to feed.  Bliss.

I thought I would share a few pictures with you of things that are going on around here.  Just some tidbits for now.




 

//We bought two of these plants on clearance at the end of last fall.  Most of the plants in our yard are either transplanted from my in-laws' yard, or clearance plants we've picked up.  This is called quince, and it is beautiful!  The red flowers look gorgeous.  Hopefully the rest of the yard will start blooming soon.

//At the recommendation of one of my favorite bloggers, I tried baking these chocolate chip cookies with cream cheese.  They are delicious.  I'd like to think they're not as fattening as my regular recipe, but I think it's a toss up.

//Bradley is going to be doing a guest post in the near future on some furniture that he's made!  I can't begin to tell you how impressed I am with this man.  He works all day, comes home and in just a few hours has an outdoor chair made.  Since he had enough wood to make two, he's documenting the process and will be sharing how to make your own.

//This little girl will be nine months old very soon.  Her hair is coming in blonde and we love it!  Those eyes.

Have a great weekend!  I'll be back in April.

1 comment:

  1. so excited for our weekend! as much as i will enjoy being just us girls, i will miss seeing all the kids!! jennavieve is growing up so fast! those eyes and those CHEEKS! ah!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to get your feedback on any post! Comments make my day, and I will do my best to get back with you as soon as I can. Thanks!